Other Companies that love the A&P License
Attention: Your Skills are Needed
When I think of the A&P license, I think of a mechanic. I think about maintaining aircraft. That is my short sightedness indeed because the Airframe Powerplant is a highly sought after certification for employers outside of the aviation community. Turns out that the A&P license you just got is worth more then just wrenching. Keep in mind that I linked actual job postings so over time the links may end up dead.
- Northrup Grumman field engineer working on Global Hawk UAV program. I know a UAV is an aircraft, but it is not a typical aircraft maintenance job. The UAV industry is growing like crazy right now. Jobs are especially favorable for A&Ps with some engineering background.
- Field service Technicians at FMC Technologies. Offshore drilling stuff.
- Quality Control in aviation manufacturing companies like AAR.
- “Mechanical assembler” A&Ps highly preferred. The posting doesn’t specify what exactly is being “assembled”, but at least you get the idea.
- Quality control in aviation manufacturing a part 147 company.
- Another manufacturing company Heico Corp likes to hire A&Ps.
- Non-destructive testing is a great niche for mechanics. Companies like XRI-Testing look favorable towards A&Ps when hiring.
- Other industries include, Elevator technicians, Theme park ride technicians, automotive testing jobs, or anything else that requires a high mechanical aptitude and safety oriented mindset.
Incoming search terms:
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!